Bend, Oregon loves local
Bend, Oregon is a hub for creative thinkers, makers, artists, innovators, and those with a thrill-seeking passion and an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re home to an abundance of small businesses known locally and nationally. In fact, Bend, Oregon was ranked the number two small city for the most small business owners.
2020 has been especially challenging for small business owners and we want to support our fellow local businesses to keep them open and thriving and so we can continue to enjoy their services, products, food, and drinks long after the pandemic is over. As the holiday and gift-giving season approaches, and in celebration of Small Business Saturday this month, we encourage you to think and support local when shopping.
How to support local businesses right now in Bend, Oregon:
- Buy a gift card from your favorite restaurant, spa, or shop to use at a later date
- Start your day with local coffee or tasty treats to fuel up for your shopping trip
- Order takeout or delivery for dinner after a long day of shopping — check out this handy guide from The Source Weekly and help our local restaurants, pubs, and eateries get through these tough times
- Enjoy happy hour at home or go virtual with friends — get beer and cocktails to go!
- Shop online or in-person for locally-made products
- Buy a uniquely awesome piece of artwork from a local artist or maker
- Encourage friends and family to shop, eat, and drink locally
- Purchase an experience – think local tour companies, golf lessons, etc.
- Swag it up – grab a t-shirt or beanie from your favorite local brewery, coffee shop, store, etc.
- Shop small and win big in Downtown Bend – 2020
- Follow your favorite local businesses on social media and share their awesome products and services with your family, friends, and the world; don’t forget to leave a great review for the business, too!
To help spark inspiration, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite local businesses and products from Bend, Oregon below; got a favorite not listed below? Let us know!
Local businesses and products we love from Bend, Oregon
- Blue Spruce Pottery – family owned and operated business; pots are made on a potter’s wheel or hand-built from slabs of clay
- Bronwen Jewelry – beautiful handmade jewelry designed for active women
- Cairn – a guide for discovering best-in-class outdoor products and a reminder that what feeds the soul is just outside. Founded as a subscription box service, Carin delivers monthly and premium quarterly collections
- DANI Naturals – gentle, nourishing, all-natural bath, body & home products possible using only the purest ingredients and custom essential oil blends
- DrinkTanks – award-winning beer growlers & accessories
- The Fraser Collection – hand-poured soy candles made with love in small batches with 100% plant-based wax, cotton wicks, and clean non-toxic scents
- furnish. – a modern furniture store and thoughtful design center based in Bend, Oregon
- Hardenbrook Hardwoods – beautiful and personalized cutting boards
- Holm Made Toffee Co. – crafted artisan toffee for family and friends to celebrate the holidays, life’s special moments
- Hydroflask – vacuum insulated stainless steel water bottles
- Ginger’s Kitchenware – the kind of place cooks at all levels love, carrying a broad selection of kitchenware, cocktail accessories, and top of the line coffee and espresso items
- Jax Hats – saving the world from ugly sweaters one hat at a time! Keeping ugly clothing out of the landfill and remaking into stylish wearable upcycled ART
- JEM Organics – Ridiculously delicious small-batch nut butters
- Maya Moon Designs – handcrafted one-of-a-kind handbags made in Bend, Oregon, produced on a made to order basis and entirely cut and crafted by hand
- Root Adorned – a home goods experience that brings the very best treasures from around the world to your home
- Roundabout Books – full-service independent bookstore in the heart of NorthWest Crossing
- Ruffwear –
- Silipint – the original silicone drinkware company
- SOLE Footbar – a space to holistically restore your health through signature foot soaks, therapeutic foot massage, full body massage, rejuvenating aromatherapy, specialty teas, and locally crafted spa products
- Somewhere That’s Green Plant Shoppe – specializing in only indoor plants paired with local artisan-made products likes pots and plant hangers
- Nashelle Jewelry – hand made jewelry with a meal donated to those in need for each purchase made
- Wild Currant Candle Company – a local, female-owned clean conscious and eco- friendly scent company striving to awaken your senses and nourish your soul with one handmade candle at a time
Check out the Bend Marketplace
Support Bend’s independent businesses. Shop from a curated selection of products and services from Bend’s boutique retailers, restaurants, breweries, and more.
Have a local business? Register to join the marketplace here; it’s free!
Where to find artists, makers, and local products in Bend, Oregon
- 9th Street Village – a creative community where tradition and innovation meet occupying over two acres with retail, classes, workshops, entertainment, food and drink within this creative hub
- Bend Makers District – consisting of businesses who are all dedicated to their trade, creating the best products, and giving back to the community
- Bend Marketplace – curated selection of products and gift cards from Bend’s boutique retailers, restaurants, breweries, and more
- Cosa Cura – a gallery styled boutique filled with locally crafted clothing and jewelry empowering conscious consumers to support a green, sustainable lifestyle through quality recycled goods
- Downtown Bend – unique boutiques, 5-star lodging, award-winning restaurants, state of the art spa services, and a plethora of entertainment & events, Downtown Bend offers memorable experiences for everyone
- Hello Sunshine – locally owned boutique in the Old Mill District offering a wide variety of women’s fashions, jewelry, home goods, and locally made goodies and gifts
- NorthWest Crossing – a community of local businesses ranging from diverse retail to delicious dining
- The Workhouse – handmade goods from over 60 local makers, artisans, and artists with a focus on high-quality, locally-made, sustainable art that offers diverse options for conscientious buyers
We know local because we are local
We’ve been a part of the local business community for over a decade, and we’re proud to be a family-owned and operated company.
Fred Real Estate Group is Central Oregon’s number one independent brokerage with over 140 real estate experts and one firm belief: Every client we work with deserves an amazing real estate experience. We’ve been connecting home buyers and sellers since 2008 with a fresh approach, local expertise, and brilliant results and we’d love to work with you.