Brewing up fresh, local coffee in Bend, Oregon
According to the Daily Coffee News: 2020 Coffee and Beverage Trends Report, the number of Americans who drink coffee every day has increased by 5% over the past five years, more Americans are also turning to espresso-based beverages and cold brew.
It’s probably no surprise that we love supporting our local businesses over national chains, and here in Bend, we’re lucky to have coffee options practically on every corner; a little something for everyone depending on taste, preferred temperature, and favorite blend.
With about a gazillion (not an exact number, but close…) coffee houses and roasteries sprinkled throughout Bend, it’s impossible to say which is the best. But you wouldn’t be a *true local* if you didn’t have an allegiance to one brewed beverage or another and with distinct passion.
Our local businesses need our support more than ever right now. Here’s how to help:
- Start your day with local coffee or tasty treats and enjoy onsite or to-go
- Buy a gift card to use at a later date
- Swag it up – purchase your favorite coffee house swag and products, for yourself or for upcoming holiday gifts
- Encourage friends and family to shop, eat, and drink locally
- Follow your favorite coffee house and roasters on social media and brew up support and local love with your family, friends, and the world; don’t forget to leave a great review for them, too!
A few of our personal local favorite coffee houses & roasters around town
This is by no means a full list of Bend coffee shops and roasteries! Find more local favorites listed here, expertly compiled by the nice folks at Visit Bend.
- Backporch Coffee Roasters – a sleek, hip, and comfortable place and locals favorite to work, meet, and gather
- Bellatazza – perfectly located in the midst of downtown and a great spot to sit outside to watch downtown happenings
- Coffee 4 Kids Coffee Roasters – providing the finest locally roasted coffee year-round with a dollar of every bag going to save kids in their family-run orphanage in El Salvador
- Kennedy’s Coffee House – family-owned coffee house serving locally roasted coffee and baked goods
- Kevista Coffee – a quirky, vibrant coffee house with a unique vibe
- Looney Bean Roasting Co. – locally roasted coffee in the heart of downtown Bend. Enjoy the charming interior of the coffee house, or sit outside in the backyard and take in the beautiful view of Mirror Pond
- Lone Pine Coffee Roasters – quality-driven; determined to roast and serve the best coffee all while providing a above and beyond cafe experience in this community hub
- Megaphone Coffee Co. – a modern, yet vintage, cool hangout spot filled with shiplap, bright open space, and delicious beverages
- Palate A Coffee Bar – proudly serving handcrafted espresso beverages in this rustic and charming coffeehouse
- Riff – if you’re in the mood for a hand-crafted cold brew or a plant-powered energy boost, Riff is a clean win for a more sustainable coffee industry
- Spoken Moto – throttled with a deep passion for old school craftsmanship, vintage motorcycles, hand-roasted coffee, craft beer, and quality goods
- Still Vibrato – small-batch specialty coffee roaster seeking excellence through quality sourcing and distinguished roasting
- Strictly Organic Coffee Co. – roasting the best USDA Organic Fair Trade beans available and offering cozy spots to sit, relax, work, while enjoying free wireless and bottomless drip coffee
- Sisters Coffee Company, Central Oregon’s longest-standing specialty coffee roaster, is launching its third retail location in the heart of the Old Mill District in the location previously operated by Strictly Organic Coffee. Beginning this October 2, 2021, they’ll be temporarily serving their premium coffees from a mobile espresso cart while the space is being remodeled – full steam ahead!
- Thump Coffee & Roastery – guided by a fundamental desire to create both a better cup of coffee and a better experience for the people who drink it; both locations offer uniquely Bend experiences, great food and drinks, and a super cool vibe
- Wild Roots Coffee House – small neighborhood coffee shop with top quality coffee and local pastries
Map: where to find local coffee in Bend, Oregon
We heart local
What we love about the above list and the Bend coffee scene as a whole, is that while each place brews an awesome cup of coffee, it’s more than that: Each coffee house offers a unique experience and vibe and their own twist on the regular cup of joe, all making for some sweet hot spots and hangouts around town. So, while Starbucks and Dunkin’ continue to saturate US market share and the nation may have a love affair with the larger national brands, we’re happy to stick with – and support – our local faves.
Local Quick Links:
- 5 Places To Get Your Doughnut Fix In Bend, Oregon
- VIDEO | Fresh and Local – Bend, Oregon Real Estate
- Shop And Support Local Businesses In Bend, Oregon