Golf Your Way Through Central Oregon
Central Oregon is ranked among the top 50 golf destinations in the world and has more than two dozen golf courses around the area with a course for every budget and skill level.
We’re home to plenty of sunshine throughout the year and with the Central Oregon dry climate coupled with amazing scenery and views, it’s no wonder that golfers from all over the world come here to play. Right now, we’re focused on keeping it local and ask that out of area visitors stay home. Make your vacation plans for later; our beautiful golf courses will still be here when it’s time to travel again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
During COVID-19, most golf courses are open locally because groups are small and extra measures for physical distancing are being taken by each course, such as extended gaps between tee times, one player per power cart, and additional marshals on the course to monitor social distancing behavior. Added sanitary measures include removing sand trap rakes, benches, and ball washers, and raising cups on greens so the ball doesn’t go into the hole. Some courses have closed their driving ranges, and many will not accept cash as payment. (Source: OregonLive)
At golf courses throughout Central Oregon, phones are ringing, carts are getting wiped down, and golfers are eschewing the traditional handshake after the 18th hole.
…most in the region are moving forward with their operations while maintaining guidelines for cleaning and social distancing. (Source: Central Oregon golf courses deal with coronavirus, Bend Bulletin)
Find Your Course
Whether you’re a seasoned professional, or you’re just starting out, there’s a golf course (and several opportunities for lessons) for all levels and budgets:
In town local favorites in Bend include:
- Awbrey Glen: Magnificent 18-hole championship Bunny Mason designed golf course, practice center, double-ended driving range with Central Oregon’s only 5-hole par 3 course
- Broken Top: This private golf club offers a premier golf experience blending traditional design elements with modern routings, bunkers and green complexes
- Lost Tracks: Open to the public and offering grass tees year-round, a 13,000 square foot Practice Tee, and two expansive putting and chipping greens
- Old Back Nine: A 9-hole public golf course for all skill levels situated between mature pines in the Mountain High neighborhood in Bend | Old Back Nine – COVID-19 Updates
- Rivers Edge: One of the few area golf courses open year-round and featuring a par-72 course with 18 challenging holes and spectacular scenery and gorgeous views of the Deschutes River, Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood
- Widgi Creek: At just under 7,000 yards from the back tees and 5,000 from the forward tee boxes, Widgi offers a unique and fair challenge to all golfers, an expansive practice facility that includes two practice putting greens, a bunker area and natural grass driving range, and a variety of lesson options to fit everyone’s budget |Widgi Creek – COVID-19 Updates
Or, head to a premier Central Oregon resort for golf, award-winning restaurants, spa treatments, fitness facilities, and luxury accommodations. Congratulations to Pronghorn and Sunriver for both being awarded 2020 Golf Digest Editors’ Choice Award for Best Resorts in the Pacific Northwest!
- Brasada Ranch: Home to Brasada Canyons golf course known for its privacy (reserved for members and resort guests only) and amazing views. | Brasada – COVID-19 Updates
- Black Butte Ranch: Home to 2 scenic championship courses, Big Meadow and Glaze Meadow, featuring sculpted fairways intertwined with Aspen groves and Ponderosa Pine trees that frame breathtaking views of the Cascade Mountains. | Black Butte – COVID-19 Updates
- Eagle Crest Resort: Home to 2 championship golf courses, The Ridge Course and The Resort Courses. Offering a tough 18-hole, par-63 Challenge Course, and a popular 18-hole putting course, Eagle Crest Resort boasts the longest season in all of Central Oregon thanks to the lower elevation. | Eagle Crest – COVID-19 Updates
- Pronghorn Resort: Surrounded by the Cascade Mountain Range, Pronghorn has received recognition as the premier resort community in the West and was first to offer a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and Tom Fazio Championship Golf Course side-by-side. | Pronghorn – COVID-19 Updates
- Sunriver Resort: Home to 4 golf courses, including Crosswater, Meadows, The Woodlands, and Caldera Links. Sunriver Resort offers 63 holes of the best golf in the West and has been named one of the Top 10 Destinations for Family Golf by Golf Digest. | Sunriver – COVID-19 Updates
** Resort amenities and services may currently be closed, limited, or modified due to COVID-19, so call ahead to confirm availability, tee times, and learn of safety measures to follow while on site. **
Golf Community Homes For Sale
We’re lucky in Central Oregon to have several golf communities with homes surrounding the many courses around the area. From luxury retreats to vacation homes and condos, we’ve got it all. View all golf community currently homes for sale in Central Oregon via the link below.
- Bend golf course ratings and reviews – Golf Advisor
- Best golf resorts in the Pacific Northwest 2020 – Golf Digest
- Bend, Oregon golf courses – Golf Advisor
- Central Oregon golf courses – Visit Bend
- Favorite Central Oregon golf courses – Visit Central Oregon
- COVID-19 + Golf courses taking precautions – NewsChannel 21 KTVZ