Get outside this summer in Central Oregon
If you’re looking for warm summer nights, amazing sunsets, beautiful views, local libations, and awesome music, Central Oregon is definitely the place to be. While the 2020 season may be a little different in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and no large events/concerts permitted, it’s still going to be a rockin’ season with some incredible musical performances lined up throughout the region.
** We’ve got the published performances listed below, but make sure you check each venue’s website as last-minute shows and event updates are not uncommon **
6 Places To Enjoy Outdoor Summer Music In Central Oregon | 2020:
1. Music On The Green – Redmond
Redmond’s free summer music series streamed live on Facebook. Artists will be performing from the comfort of their own backyard while you gather in yours with friends and family to enjoy their performances. After the show, you will have an opportunity to engage in Q&A with the artists and hear their stories.
Don’t feel like staying home to watch the show? A few of Redmond’s favorite taphouses and sports bars will be streaming the live concerts on their big screens.
During intermission, browse and shop a variety of local vendors featured in the marketplace, many offering unique products made right here in Oregon and ready for purchase. The marketplace will be accessible 24/7 between June 24-September 2.
- June 24 | Todd Haaby & Sola Via, Nuevo Flamenco Guitarist
- July 8 | Bobby Lindstrom, Soul-Inspiring Blues & Rock
- July 22 | JuJu Eyeball, Bend’s Beatle Band
- August 5 | Toast And Jam, Rootsy Originals and Classics
- August 19 | Derek Michael Marc, Blues/Rock/Soul
- September 2 | Hokulea Ohana Dancers, Traditional Hawaiian Dance
Concerts take place from 6:00 – 7:30 and can be watched here.
2. Music On The Water – Summer Music Series At Elk Lake Resort & Marina
Enjoy intimate outdoor shows in the beautiful Cascade Mountains backed by freshwater Elk Lake. There will be limited capacity, additional bathrooms, more hand washing stations, and free 8oz bottles of hand sanitizer at every event. Grouped social distancing will be observed so please carpool and stay with the people you came with.
- June 13 | Michalis Patterson
- June 20 | Junk Parlor
- June 27 | She’s With Me
- July 4 | Hecktic Week
- July 11 | Merle Jagger
- July 18 | The Emerson Brothers
- July 25 | The Resolectrics
- August 1 | The Jess Ryan Band
- August 8 | Pacific Roots
- August 15 | Stacie Lynn Johnson
- August 22 | Mosley Wotta
- August 29 | Moon Mountain Ramblers
- September 5 | The Parnells
Music is from 5:00 – 8:00 and event information can be found here.
3. Faith Hope & Charity Vineyards – Terrebonne
Music, wine, and stunning scenery! Nestled on 312 acres between two ridges and a canyon in Terrebonne, Oregon just 14 miles from Smith Rock State Park. The tasting room and event center are surrounded by the rich beauty of the winery’s namesake the Three Sisters Mountain range (originally named Faith Hope and Charity), along with 15 acres of vineyard, a pond, beautiful grounds, and there are even a few llamas hanging around!
- June 12 | The Substitutes
- June 13 | Magical Mystery Four
- June 19 | Off The Record
- June 20, 6:00 | Kurt Sylva and Cheyenne West
- June 25, 5:00 – 8:00 | Michael John & Rob Finchum
- June 26 | Reno and Cindy
- June 27, 6:00 – 10:00 | The Soul Benders
- July 3, 6:00 | John Hoover & The Mighty Quinns
- July 17 | Dry Canyon Stampede
- July 24 | High Street & Precious Byrd
- August 14, 6:00 | Heller Highwater
- September 6, 6:00 | JC Edgar
4. Hardtails Bar And Grill – Sisters
Enjoy concerts in the moonlight! Located at the base of the beautiful Cascades Moutain range in Sisters, Oregon offering a full-service restaurant and bar and the newest and largest outdoor concert venue in Sisters.
- July 11, | S.O.S, a tribute to the Police
- July 18 | Lucky Town, a tribute to Bruce Springsteen
- July 25 | Gold Dust, a tribute to Fleetwood Mac
- August 1, 9:00 | In The Pink, a tribute to Pink Floyd
- August 8 | Grand Illusion, a tribute to Styx
- August 15 | Candy-O, a tribute to The Cars
- August 22 | Petty Fever, a tribute to Tom Petty
- August 29 | Unchained, a tribute to Van Halen
Unless otherwise noted, shows start at 8:00, and ticket information can be found here.
5. Niblick & Greene’s Sunday Summer Matinee Music Series – Eagle Crest
For 25 years Niblick’s has offered a variety of live music, tasty food, and delicious beverages. Enjoy summer nights, fabulous live music, and fresh steaming seafood on the patio at this popular neighborhood gathering spot.
- June 14 | The Parnells
- June 21 | Olivia Harms
- June 28 | Casey & Co.
- July 5 | The Parnells
- July 12 | KC Flynn
- July 19 | Eric Leadbetter
- July 26 | Casey & Co.
- August 2 | Bill Powers
Concerts are from 5:00 – 8:00 and more information can be found here.
6. Worthy Roots Relief Fund: Livestream Concert Series
In support of local Bend musicians, Worthy Brewing is streaming a series of online musical events hosted during the COVID-19 pandemic. Livestreamed local entertainment to enjoy from the comfort of your own backyard or couch (with a Worthy beer in hand).
For every Worthy six-pack sold on concert days (Wednesday & Saturday,) Worthy will donate $5 to the Worthy Roots Relief Fund, which has been set up to generate financial support for out of work but not down ’n out local musicians and their support crew. Buy a six pack, send 5 bucks to a local artist! You can donate directly to the relief fund at anytime here.
- June 13 | Joel Chadd
- June 17 | Lande Unplugged
- June 20 | Skillethead
- June 24 | Milo Matthews
- June 27 | The Mostest
Livestreams will be broadcast on musicians, Worthy Brewing, & Bend Roots Revival Facebook pages from 6:00 – 8:00; additional event information can be found here.
Prefer to stay indoors?
Check out our favorite indoor live music venue, Volcanic Theatre Pub. Volcanic will be hosting events every Friday and Saturday in June and are following Phase 2 guidelines provided by OHA and practicing Social Distancing and Health Protocols: You are encouraged to purchase tickets ahead of time in order to provide a touchless entry and keep track of attendees, and there will be limited occupancy at all VTP events in order to provide safe distancing for everyone. Stagger entry at 6ft for the safety and courtesy of other attendees. You may also purchase tickets to simply donate even though you do not plan on attending.
- June 12 | This Island Earth & Acoustic GOTU
- June 13 | Cosmonuatical with Vanderwalls
- June 19 | Indubious with Rubbah Tree
- June 20 | Old Revival with Michalis Patterson
- June 27 | The Shining Dimes & Johnny Bourbon
Shows start at 8:00, and upcoming event information and VTP ticket links can be found here.
NonProfit Tunes – Summer 2020
Help support local non-profits, venues, and artists recover from these challenging times. This series of community service benefit summer concerts and a different local non-profit organization each month. Some shows have been postponed in response to the pandemic, though will be rescheduled and announced shortly. View all upcoming event information here.
In the meantime, NPT Benefit Peformances video performances can be found here along with a virtual tip jar to continue the support for the artists and non-profits as noted.
While the larger outdoor venues and festivals may be on hold this year, summer is not canceled, music is not canceled, and the shows must go on!