Thank you, Central Oregon! 💚
For the past few weeks we’ve been hosting a community food drive, and today we were able to donate 1054 pounds of food to NeighborImpact for immediate distribution to those experiencing food insecurity. We have BIG smiles under our masks! 😷
Thank you to all who contributed to our FRED Food Drive; our clients, business partners, and of course, our FREDtastic team. We are so grateful and are blown away at people’s giving spirit and generosity; our community rocks!
While our FRED food drive may be officially over for 2020, you can still help support NeighborImpact and the important service they provide our community:
Here’s how to make a financial donation directly to NeighborImpact
At times like these, NeighborImpact works harder than usual to fill critical gaps. In an average year, they provide about 360,000 individual services – food, a rent check, a paid energy bill, insulation in an attic, help buying that first home, preschool for the child of a budding (but still struggling) entrepreneur, bill payment for a senior in the early stages of Alzheimer’s. The list goes on.
About two-thirds of their assistance comes from federal and state sources. For the rest, they depend on the community. Financial help, especially in a time of crisis, allows NeighborImpact to make things right again for people whose daily lives have gone very wrong, very quickly. With your support, we will create a community where all residents have hope, optimism, and access to community resources that see them through times of need.
Ways to donate money:
NeighborImpact Donation Wish List:
- Gas cards ($25)
- Phone cards ($20)
- Grocery gift cards ($25)
- Food – canned fruits and vegetables, soups, stews, canned chili, boxed/bagged pasta, jarred or canned spaghetti sauce, canned protein (chicken, tuna, etc., breakfast cereal, peanut butter)
- Personal Hygiene Items – diapers, toilet paper, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes
- Shelter Supplies – pillows/pillow cases, towels, blankets, twin sheets, hand/toe warmers, first aid kits, all-purpose cleaner in spray bottles, sanitzers such as auto chlor in spray bottles, hand sanitizer, paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags
- Car maintenance gifts certificates (oil changes and service)
- Taxi vouchers
- Haircut gift certificates
- Children’s books (suitable for 3-4 year olds)