Experience award-winning golf courses with a view
Central Oregon is home to over two dozen golf courses, and there’s a course for every budget and skill level. With plenty of sunshine throughout the year, the Central Oregon dry climate, and amazing scenery and views, it’s no wonder that we’re home to award-winning courses where golfers from all over the world come to play.
Golf Digest’s America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses ranks Tetherow among the top courses in the nation and listed among Golfweek’s Top 2021 Residential Golf Courses in the U.S., Aspen Lakes, Crosswater, Pronghorn, and Tetherow.
Find your course
Whether you’re a seasoned golfing professional, or you’re just starting out, there’s a golf course (and several opportunities for lessons) for all levels and budgets:
Or, enjoy a long weekend and head to one of the Central Oregon resorts for golf, award-winning restaurants, spa treatments, and luxury accommodations:
- Brasada Ranch: Home to Brasada Canyons golf course known for its privacy (reserved for members and resort guests only) and amazing views.
- Black Butte Ranch: Home to 2 scenic championship courses, Big Meadow and Glaze Meadow, featuring sculpted fairways intertwined with Aspen groves and Ponderosa Pine trees that frame breathtaking views of the Cascade Mountains.
- Eagle Crest Resort: Home to 2 championship golf courses, The Ridge Course and The Resort Courses. Offering a tough 18-hole, par-63 Challenge Course, and a popular 18-hole putting course, Eagle Crest Resort boasts the longest season in all of Central Oregon thanks to the lower elevation.
- Sunriver Resort: Home to 4 golf courses, including Crosswater, Meadows, The Woodlands, and Caldera Links. Sunriver Resort offers 63 holes of the best golf in the West and has been named one of the Top 10 Destinations for Family Golf by Golf Digest.
- Oregon Golf – Course Listings & Info
- Visit Central Oregon – Course Info
- Oregon Golf Association – 2021 Events
Golf community living
Golf homeownership is heating up across the nation, and homes in golf communities are in high demand. Online searches for golf homes in Bend increased 71% from January 2020 to February 2021, while sales were up 53%.
Surrounded by the Cascade Range and dotted with lakes, Bend and the countryside around it are appealing to home buyers because of the sunny days and good weather for golfing most of the year. Outdoor enthusiasts also can enjoy other pursuits, such as skiing in winter and paddle-boarding, fly fishing and hiking when the weather is warmer. (Source: New York Times – Golf Homeownership Is Heating Up, Even Where You’d Least Expect it)
We’re lucky in Central Oregon to have several golf communities with homes surrounding the many courses around the area. From luxury retreats to vacation condos, we’ve got it all. View all golf community currently homes for sale in Central Oregon via the link below:
Looking for a specific home or golf community lifestyle? We can help. Get in touch with a FRED real estate professional via the form below: