* Last updated 01/01/21 – we’ll keep updating this post as additional resources and business services/locations are announced* We are still under the Extreme Category and in a ‘freeze’ to reduce COVID-19 transmission, per the State of Oregon and Governor Brown, which means that many businesses remain either closed or offering limited services in order to remain in alignment with state mandates.
Local and family-owned businesses are the lifeblood of our community, and while we are all navigating these unprecedented times, our local business community needs us now more than ever
This is a stressful time for many restaurants and small business owners; Bend is known for its craft beers and breweries, fresh roasted coffee and gathering places, and delicious foodie hot spots. In a time where we’re practicing social distancing, we may not be able to physically eat out or meet for drinks right now, but we can remain strong in support of our friends, neighbors, and fellow local business owners. We’re all in this together!
Please continue to support our local businesses. We’re lucky to live in a place filled with entrepreneurs and small businesses; let’s do what we can to support them through this extraordinary time so we can continue to enjoy their services, products, food, and drinks long after the pandemic is over.
How to support local businesses right now in Bend, Oregon:
- Buy a gift card from your favorite restaurant, spa, or shop to use at a later date
- Start your day with local coffee or tasty treats to fuel up for your shopping trip
- Enjoy happy hour at home or go virtual with friends; order beer and cocktails to go
- Order takeout or delivery for dinner after a long day of shopping
- Shop online or in-person for locally-made products
- Encourage friends and family to shop, eat, and drink locally
- Shop Downtown Bend businesses from the comfort of your couch
- Follow your favorite local businesses on social media and share their awesome products and services with your family, friends, and the world; don’t forget to leave a great review for the business, too!
- More ideas and local businesses to shop and support on our blog: How To Shop And Support Local Businesses In Bend, Oregon
Additional ways to help local businesses:
Your Central Oregon Local Business Connection. A place where any Central Oregon business – not just restaurants – can share and update their current hours and information, for free, and others can look up that info from a map or search box — click here to view Z21 Local Links, search open businesses, or add your business to the registry.
Shop online, order takeout for curbside pickup or home delivery, or purchase gift certificates for all your favorite downtown businesses, shops, and eateries. You can also purchase Downtown Dollars in $25 or $10 certificates, and they can be used at any participating Downtown Bend location.
Click here to support businesses in Downtown Bend, Oregon and remember to Shop Small!
Per the City of Bend:
In support of downtown business, the City of Bend will temporarily relax parking restrictions and enforcement downtown. The City is creating some dedicated “Curbside Pick-Up Areas” that retailers and restaurants can use to easier serve customers so they can stay in business. More information here.
Visit Bend has compiled a robust and interactive resource guide spurred by the temporary closing of all bars and sit-down eateries. Many Bend area restaurants, breweries, pubs, and bakeries are offering takeout, curbside pick-up, and delivery so that you can maintain social distancing during the coronavirus crisis.
A running list—updated on the hour(ish)—of foodservice establishments serving takeout or delivery in Central Oregon.
A Facebook Group founded by, and dedicated to, local Bend business owners. The group is a great way to engage with fellow business owners and share ideas, support, services, and products to support each other. The group rule: Be kind and helpful.
Additional local Bend, Oregon business resources & quick links:
- Coronavirus Business Resources & Assistance – City of Bend
- Bend, Oregon COVID-19 Information and Toolkit – Visit Bend
- News and Updates – the City of Bend
As this situation is rapidly evolving, please send us any additional resources we’ve not listed above, and we’d be glad to add. And, let’s all do what we can to support our local businesses so that they will be here for us after the crisis has passed.